For many of the snack recipes that we make in our kitchen, bread crumbs is used for coating food and making a crisp and crunchy covering for the fried food items.
Often we end up buying this inexpensive ingredient which is readily available on the racks of grocery stores.
In this post we will see how easy it is to make this ingredient in our kitchen. I often use leftover breads that is usually drier than the freshly baked breads.
The bread slices are then toasted or further dried to get rid of any traces of moisture. These dried bread slices are then grounded into fine crumbs.
Let’s see how easy it is to make this inexpensive ingredient in our kitchen
Read How to?
- 4 white bread slices.You can substitute white bread with brown or multi grain bread.
- Cut the bread slices into uniform sized cubes.Place these cubes in a baking tray.
- Select Convection Mode. Pre-heat at 160C. Place the baking tray on low rack.Set timer to 18 mins.
- After 10 mins, pause the timer.Flip the bread cubes.Place the baking tray back and resume.Bread squares are roasted in 16 mins.
- Remove and place the squares in a plate.Arrange the second batch on baking tray.Spread it evenly.
- Bread squares can also be toasted in a pan till it gets brown and crisp.Grind the squares into fine bread crumbs.
- Bread crumbs can be stored in a ziploc bag and refrigerated.Seasonings like garlic powder, pepper powder or italian herbs can be added to bread crumbs.Bread crumbs can be used in making tikki, paneer balls, cheese balls, mozzarella cheese sticks.
Click here to watch recipe video
Leave a Reply