Dear readers, at my place a typical Sunday morning often witnesses me and Pranay getting involved in a rigorous brainstorming session over a cup of coffee. The agenda of our sessions is more often than not what we should be making for our Sunday morning breakfast.
Breaking a monotony is an essential part of our kitchen wherein we do not prefer restricting ourselves to any customary breakfast choice and like to possess a variety of dishes in our repertoire. Dishes like Poha Idli and chutney, Bonda, Egg Sandwich, Cheese Chili Toast , Paneer Balls often feature on our breakfast list. However there are days when we find it difficult to break the deadlock and when no results seem to be surfacing out from our discussions we resort to our go to recipe, which ladies and gentlemen you must have figured by now is the recipe of today’s blog post- Cheese Omelette.
During work days, when time is of essence we end up making Omelette for the breakfast which has resulted into this dish featuring right at the top of my breakfast choices. There are several variations that we make with a typical Omelette preparation and of them is a classic recipe which combines cheese with Omelette.
The preparation is absolutely quick and simple with the whisking being the only time consuming part, if you want to say it that way. However, I would definitely recommend not rushing through this part, as this makes Omelette fluffier and there is nothing better tasting in world than a cheesy and fluffy Omelette. With that let’s get going with the preparation.
Find some more breakfast recipes
- 3 Eggs
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- ¼th cup cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ th cup grated processed cheese
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Crack open eggs.Add 1 tsp salt,2 tbsp water and whisk.
- Add chopped ginger,chopped chilies,chopped cilantro, chopped onions and mix
- More we whisk eggs more fluffier will be the omelette.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.Ensure medium heat. Add whisked egg to pan.
- After a min of cooking, we will gently poke through the layer with a spatula.This will ensure that Omelette gets cooked.
- After 2 more mins of cooking, add grated cheese. Reduce the heat.
- Flip one half on the other half.Cook for 30 seconds.
- Omelette is ready to be served. Cheese Omelette can be served with toasted bread.
Click here to watch recipe video
Leave a Reply