Check other spice powders here
Click here for Kerala recipes
This spice powder can be used to make Thalassery Biryani
- 3 Kashmiri dried red chilies. Kashmiri chilies can be replaced with any less spicy variant.
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 3 green cardamom
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- ¼th tsp mace
- ¼th tsp nutmeg
- ¼th tsp cumin seeds
- ¼th tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1tsp poppy seeds
- 1tsp black peppercorn
- Dry roast all the ingredients one by one in a pan.
- We must roast all ingredients until an aroma emerges out from the pan.
- Allow all the spices to cool down before grinding them to a fine powder.
- Grind spices into a fine powder.DO NOT add water.
Click here to watch recipe video
(Visited 7,068 times, 2 visits today)