Malai Tangdi Kabab is a tandoori non-vegetarian preparation. It’s a delicious creamy preparation that can be served as a starter for your parties.
Chicken drumsticks are marinated with lime juice and salt and left in marination for 30 mins. A creamy marination of hung curd, fresh cream, corn flour, white pepper powder, cilantro, ginger-garlic paste and egg is prepared and drumsticks are left in this marination for 2-3 hours.
Marinated drumsticks are then cooked in a convection oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 mins.
Malai Tangdi Kabab can be served with Dahi Pudina Chutney
Find more Poultry preparations
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 100 grams hung curd
- 60 ml fresh cream
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp white pepper powder (can be substituted with black peppercorn powder)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste
- 1 egg
- butter cube for basting
- Make gashes on all drumsticks.Marinade drumsticks with lime juice and ½ tsp salt.Let drumsticks rest for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, prepare for second marination.In a bowl, put hung curd,fresh cream,corn flour,white pepper powder,chopped cilantro,ginger-garlic paste,egg,salt to taste.
- Dip drumsticks in marinade.Allow drumsticks to marinate for 3 hours at room temperature.After 3 hours, line up the drumsticks on a low rack.
- We have placed a tray underneath to collect the dripping.Meanwhile pre-heat oven.In Convection Mode, pre-heat at 180 degree celsius.
- We will keep the drumsticks on low rack placed on top of a baking tray for initial 5 mins.We do this to collect any extra marinade dripping. Total time: 40 mins
- Press Start.Pause after 5 mins and remove the tray.
- Resume the timer.Pause after 20 mins (5+15) and baste the drumsticks with butter.
- Flip over the drumsticks and baste with butter on this side.
- Put back in oven for remaining 20 mins.
- Resume the timer.Malai Tangdi Kabab is ready.
- Malai Tangdi Kabab can be served with dahi pudina chutney
Click here to watch recipe video