Learn to make Anda Bhurji- Indian scrambled Egg in today’s blog post in an easy and step-by-step post. Any discussion about Indian street food would be rendered incomplete without the inclusion of “Anda Bhurji”.It’s an Indian version of scrambled eggs and this is where the similarity between these 2 dishes ends.
Anda Bhurji is loaded with spices, and veggies, and makes a wholesome diet when accompanied by Pav (Indian bread). I recollect numerous occasions when I along with my friends have eaten Bhurji-Pav prepared by the streetside vendors in the wee hours of the morning in Mumbai. This recipe is very close to my heart, as it reminds me of my exciting college days.
Go ahead and call your friends over the weekend and prepare this delicious Bhurji-Pav and relive your nostalgic moments with them. Purani Jeans, guitar aur Bhurji Pav, simply wow!!!
- 4 Eggs (Ande)
- ¼th Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhaniya) finely chopped
- 125 grams=2 medium sized Onions (Pyaz) finely chopped
- 150 grams=2 medium sized Tomatoes (Tamatar) finely chopped
- Cooking Oil (Khane ka Tel)
- 2 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch) finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- Salt to taste (Namak)
- Heat 3-4 tbsp Oil on an Iron Griddle and wait for Oil to heat up. You can also use a non stick pan in this recipe.
- When Oil is sufficiently hot (not smoking) add Cumin Seeds and Green Chilies. Add Onions and fry until it becomes soft.
- In 4-5 mins, Onions become soft. Now add Tomatoes. Ensure tomatoes are finely chopped. Add half quantity chopped Coriander leaves.
- As usual let's add some salt to hasten the process of cooking. Cover and cook tomatoes on reduced heat
- After 2-3 mins, give a quick stir. Mash tomatoes while stirring. Cover and Cook again.
- After 10 mins, tomatoes have become soft and mushy. Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Pav Bhaji Masala (substitute Garam Masala + ¼th tsp Aamchoor Powder) and Salt to taste. Mix and Bhunao the masala. Add some water during Bhunao.
- As we continue to Bhunao for 2-3 mins, let's whisk eggs. There are 2 ways of putting eggs in this dish, one: You can crack open directly on the tawa. Second: Whisk eggs in a bowl. We will follow second method. Add 1 tbsp Milk and whisk nicely.
- Onion-Tomato Masala has attained right consistency in 5-6 mins. Add Whisked Eggs on low-medium heat. Now reduce the heat and continue to stir.
- Stir and break the pieces into fine and small pieces. Add remaining Coriander leaves. Bhurji is ready to serve. Let's prepare Pav for serving.
- Add a dollop of Butter on Tawa. Add some Bhurji and Coriander leaves. Put Pav on Tawa.
- Bhurji-Pav is ready to be served.
- Tip #1: Adding water will provide a soft texture to Bhurji.
- Tip #2: Adding Milk will make Bhurji softer and tastier
You can watch recipe video here