Our YouTube Channel “Kali Mirch” is celebrating Republic Day as a Tricolor week in which we are treating our viewers with 3 Tricolor recipes!!
Our second recipe is “Tricolor Sandwich”. This is a very easy to make and tasty recipe, that you can prepare for any snacks party and impress your guests with your creativity.
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8-10 spinach leaves
- 3 green chillies
- ¾th cup coconut cut into small pieces
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- 50 gm cottage cheese ( paneer) shredded
- 3 tbspoon mayonnaise
- Blanch the spinach for 2 min. When it cools off then puree it with green chillies and ½ tspoon salt.
- Do not use water for making fine paste.This would make green layer of tricolor sandwich.
- Make a fine paste of coconut with dry red chillies and ½ tspoon salt. You can use a little water.
- This would make Saffron layer of the sandwich.
- Cut the edges of bread slices and maintain a shape of perfect squares.
- Apply melted butter on one side of all the slices.
- Apply the green paste generously on a slice and make that slice as a bottom layer.
- Place one slice over it and apply mayonnaise on other side of that slice. Sprinkle the paneer over it so as to make a smooth layer.
- Place third slice over it and apply saffron paste uniformly over it. Place fourth slice over it as a top layer.
- And there we have our Tricolor sandwich ready!!!
Click here to watch Recipe Video