Having my origins from coastal region of Ratnagiri, seafood becomes a natural choice of food for me. I like to experiment with different recipes involving seafood and very often prawns finds itself on top of that experiment list.
Having made Kanda Lasun masala recently, I have been trying to experiment with some dishes involving this masala. Prawns are marinated with turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt. You can make this dish on a flat tawa or even a non-stick pan can serve well. The spiciness of kanda lasun masala is well countered with juices of prawns and fresh grated coconut. Here’s a star dish that combines succulent prawns with flavorful kanda lasun masala and fresh grated coconut- a perfect dish for your guests.
Tawa prawns could easily be made as one of the starter dishes or easy comfort recipes that you would want to make on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It can easily be accompanied with roti/bhakri and can be served for those Sunday lunches.
Find more delicious seafood recipes
- 350 grams medium sized prawns (cleaned and deveined)
- 70 grams grated fresh coconut
- 8-10 curry leaves
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼th tsp asafoetida powder
- 5 tsp kanda lasun masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cooking Oil
- We will marinate prawns with turmeric powder, lemon juice,1/2 tsp salt. Mix well.
- Keep prawns in the marinade for 15 mins.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan.Add curry leaves and mustard seeds, asafoetida powder. Add marinated prawns.
- Now add kanda lasun masala. You can alter the quantity of masala as per your taste (spiciness). We will fry prawns for 2 mins on high heat.
- After 2 mins of cooking, lower the heat.Add salt to taste and mix. Cook covered for 2 more mins.
- After 2 mins of cooking, raise the heat to medium.Now add grated coconut. Mix well and cook until the moisture evaporates.
- After we get rid of excess moisture,add chopped coriander.Mix well. Turn off the heat and serve
Click here to watch recipe video