Dear readers, we plan out for the recipes that we intend to shoot for a month in advance. This helps us in better planning, execution of ideas, making appropriate arrangements and sometimes tweaking our schedule to sneak in some recipes that would act as a prequel to our future recipes.
One of the recipes that will make its appearance on our channel in coming weeks is Murg-Do-Pyaza. Now, though I have a strong urge of writing about this iconic recipe but I would resist the temptation and would stick to describing one of the chief ingredients that goes into its making.
Murg Do-Pyaza or for that matter several other recipes that have originated in rural Uttar Pradesh make use of a spice blend that is usually blended fresh and used in the recipe. This blend of spices is what elevates those dishes several notches up. We use this spice blend in gravies like Mutton Curry , Suran Tariwale and many others. In order to streamline our recipes and eliminate the redundancy, we thought it is apt to make a video of the spice blend that can be reused in several future videos.
This is what led us into shooting today’s video. We were bit unclear on identifying the recipe with a specific name, as it bears no name tag with it. It is just identified as a Masala. Though nothing should stop you from using this spice blend in all of your recipes, but we like to grind this blend only when we make some special dishes of Mutton-Chicken or Veg gravies. To maintain the exclusivity, we named it Uttar Pradesh Meat Masala. I would reiterate, it is just a name assigned by me to help identify the spice blend. Though I am unsure about the name but I am more than certain about the end product. This spice blend can lead you into having one of the most gratifying experiences in your culinary journey. The dishes that you make using this blend will definitely be a show stealer amongst the spread of dishes that you will lay out for your guests.
Make this highly aromatic and flavorful spice blend and enjoy the authenticity of UP cuisine in your kitchen.
Spread your love for food Yummly: Yum
- 4 tbsp=20 grams Coriander Seeds
- 4 Black Cardamom
- 12 Cloves
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tbsp Dried Lichen
- 2 tsp=6 grams Poppy Seeds
- 6 Bay Leaf
- 2 Star Anise
- ½ tsp Mace (1 small flower)
- 2 tsp=5 grams Black Peppercorns
- ½ inch Turmeric root
- 2 tbsp =10 grams Cumin Seeds
- Heat a Pan. Dry roast all th listed ingredients one by one.
- In this quantity of ingredients, we will make about 60 grams of Meat Masala. 60 grams is fit to be used in couple of usages. Masalas stored for long durations loses its aroma and flavor. Always make enough masalas that can be consumed in few usages.
- Roast only until the spices begin to release a pleasant aroma.(usually less than a min) Do not brown the spices.
- Allow spices to cool down completely, before grinding it.
- Uttar Pradesh Meat Masala is ready. You can add it to impart amazing flavor and spice to your Non-Veg preparations. It can also be used in veg preparation like Cauliflower curry, Suran Tariwale and Jackfruit curry.
- Share your feedback about this recipe at www.kalimirchbysmita.com
Click here to watch recipe video