I am often faced with a dilemma in mornings. Pranay and I, often enjoy some cookies with a cup of coffee or milk. However, the cookies that we often buy from market are not up to our liking. So we decided to start baking some fresh cookies for us that would last for 3-4 days before we bake them again. I also carry these cookies in a small container at my work, so that I can munch on them during evening snacks.
These cookies are made with wheat flour and its texture is chewy. I must tell you there is nothing more delicious than some warm and chewy cookies. We have added generous amount of chocochip to these cookies that makes them more delicious and a perfect treat for kids.
Bake some fresh cookies and enjoy them when they are warm with a glass of milk or coffee.
Check some other Microwave recipes here
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams chocolate chips
- 30 grams granulated sugar
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams Butter (room temperature)
- 75 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- In a bowl cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter and beat till it turns fluffy.
- We can use hand blender or egg beater to cream these ingredients (7-8 mins).
- After 7-8 mins the mixture become fluffy and changes its color.
- Add cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, baking powder, yogurt and mix them all well.
- Finally add wheat flour and mix it well.
- Knead the flour into a soft dough, adding milk in small quantities.
- Meanwhile preheat oven (Convection mode) at 180°C.
- Finally add chocolate chips into the dough and knead it again to embed the chips nicely.
- Grease your baking tray with some butter.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll them into a small ball.
- Press the ball between your palms into the shape of cookies.Do not press the balls too thin else cookies may get burnt.Keep some distance between the cookies so that they have enough space as they expand.
- Oven should be pre-heated at 180°C. Set the timer to 10 minutes. Now place the baking tray in oven.
- After 10 mins, remove cookies from oven and let them cool down.
- Repeat the steps for remaining batches.
- Enjoy these cookies with some Coffee or Milk.
Click to watch recipe video