Eggs are one of the quintessential ingredient that one can use in several breakfast preparations. There are so many different preparations that can be made but more often we find ourselves sticking to same few recipes.
Recipes like omelet, scrambled eggs, half fried eggs, anda bhurji end up too frequently on our breakfast tables. Well to break the monotony we can experiment with some more interesting breakfast recipes.
Here is an egg preparation that can be scene stealer during those Sunday family breakfast. Egg Mayo Sandwich is a fairly easy to make preparation that does not require much offhand preparations. If you have some fresh mayonnaise lying in your refrigerator, then this preparation can be turned up in no time.
Let’s see how to make this interesting sandwich preparation.
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 bread slices
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground peppercorn
- ¼th tsp dry mango powder
- ½ tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cubes of processed cheese
- Grease the pan with some oil.Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan. Allow it to melt
- Now add chopped garlic and green chilies and allow the garlic to turn light brown in color.Add chopped onions and fry until it become tender.
- As onions become soft, add chopped tomatoes.Allow tomatoes to cook completely.Add 1 tsp salt. Cover and cook the tomatoes.
- While tomatoes get cooked, cut egg whites into small pieces.At this stage you can either add or choose to skip egg yolk.However, we are going to use egg yolks. Mash those yolks with a fork
- Tomatoes get cooked in 5-6 minutes.Now add black pepper powder and dry mango powder. Mix them well.
- Now stir in egg whites and yellow.Stir them in and turn off the heat.
- Allow the filling to slightly cool down.Add tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.Mix the ingredients together.
- While we assemble the sandwich, heat a grill pan.
- Apply butter generously on one of the bread slices.Now put some filling on the buttered slice.Put some grated cheese.Cover the filling with other slice.
- Smear the grill pan with some butter.Place sandwich on the pan.Apply some butter on top slice .Flip over the sandwich to grill from other side.We have grilled underside for approximately couple of minutes.You can apply some more butter.
- Let's take the sandwich out in a plate.Similarly make other sandwiches.
- Enjoy these sandwiches with a steaming cup of coffee
Click here for more breakfast recipes
Click here to watch recipe video