While it’s true that a perfectly cooked Hyderabadi Biryani is a stand out performer and could steal hearts on its own, but an ideal companion like Burani Raita could give a different dimension to your Biryani experience.
Burani raita is different than various forms of raita that gets dished out in many Indian restaurants. It’s a cool and creamy, subtly spiced and has a hint of garlicky flavor that makes it a perfect accompaniment to be served with Hyderabadi Biryani.
Curd in its thick form is whisked to get rid of lumps, after which milk and cream gets added and whisked again. This addition imparts a creamy texture to the raita. The spices that goes into making of this raita are just couple of spices like, cumin powder and a hint of red chili powder. However, what makes this raita stand out is addition of garlic juice. We make a paste of ginger-garlic, which is then run through a sieve to extract the juice. It is then added to Burani Raita which gives this raita a hint of garlic flavor and compliments well with flavorful and aromatic Hyderabadi Biryani.
- 400 grams thick Curd
- ¼th cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Juice (Pass the Ginger-Garlic paste through a sieve)
- ¼th tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼th tsp roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- In a large bowl, put curd. Whisk to get rid of lumps.
- Add milk and cream. Whisk again.
- Add Ginger-Garlic Juice, Black Salt, Red Chili Powder and Cumin Powder and mix well
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Subtle, Creamy and Garlicky flavored Burani raita can be relished with Biryani
Click here to watch recipe video