Today we are going to share with you a simple yet delicious fish fry preparation which is very commonly prepared in a Konkani household in Ratnagiri and Malwan.
Bangda or Mackerel is a seafood that has acquired great popularity owing to its ease of availability and its low cost. We have quite a handful of recipes available on our blog that we have made using this fish. Some of these recipes are Stuffed Bangda Fry , Bangda Udid Methi , Bangude Puli Munchi and Mangalorean Fish Fry .
It dawned upon us last week that we haven’t yet shared that preparation of Bangda that is so frequently made at my home- the pan fried version. It’s a non-fancy and no frill dish that requires just few handful of ingredients and possibly this could be the reason we never realized that we must share this on our blog.
Time to make some amends. We are making today Bangda Tawa Fry with just few ingredients. It’s a quick recipe that you can make for your lunch or dinner and it can even adorn your table for your cocktail parties.
Show your love for food Yum
Find more Sea Food recipes
- 4 small sized =500gms Bangda (Mackerel)
- Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. Malvani Masala
- Rice flour (as required)
- We will start with marinating the fish. Add Turmeric Powder, Salt and Lemon Juice. Gently massage the fish with this marinade. Let the fish rest in this marination for 15 mins.
- We will prepare a dry batter. Add Rice Flour (5 tbsp), Malvani Masala and Salt. We have added salt in marination. So be careful while adding salt in batter. Mix well.
- Coat fish with the dry batter. Apply batter evenly. Press gently and remove excess batter.
- We will shallow fry Bangda. Heat Oil in a pan and ensure Oil is sufficiently hot. Put Bangda (Mackerel) in pan.
- Fry on low-medium heat. Flip over after 4 mins of cooking. Crisp fry from both sides
- Share your feedback about this recipe at www.kalimirchbysmita.com
Click here to watch recipe video